On-page optimization, also referred to as on-site optimization, is the practise of optimising individual web pages on a website in order to improve search engine rankings and drive more organic traffic. On-page optimization entails a variety of techniques aimed at making a web page more search engine and user-friendly.
On-page optimization techniques that are commonly used include:
- Keyword research and optimization entails identifying and incorporating relevant keywords and phrases into the page title, headings, meta descriptions, body text, and image alt tags.
- Content optimization is the process of creating high-quality, informative, and engaging content that is keyword-optimized.
- URL optimization is the process of ensuring that the page URL is clean, concise, and contains the target keyword.
- Page speed optimization is the process of increasing the speed at which a page loads in order to provide a better user experience and improve search engine rankings.
- Mobile optimization entails making sure the page is mobile-friendly and responsive to various screen sizes.
- Internal linking: Referring to other relevant pages on the website in order to assist search engines in understanding the site structure and improving navigation.
Website owners can improve their chances of ranking higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) and attracting more organic traffic to their websites by implementing these and other on-page optimization techniques.
Pennine SEO uses the best tools available to scan your website for anything that needs improving. We have the skills to be able to amend those errors, ensuring your website is as technically sound as possible!